Just got my grades back. 2011: 4.0
High five me!
Got out-nerded today
Today was my first day in Chem 201. I usually show up to class early enough to sit in the front row (yes i’m nerdy like that) but showed up right on time since I’m a TA for 3 other lower division chem classes and just got out of a meeting (also nerdy like that). And THIS is what I see sitting in front of me.
This is Justin. And although it’s the first day of class and we’re not having lab today, he shows up ready to treat people in case there’s a flesh-eating viral epidemic of zombie-apocalyptic proportions.
And since I’m fond of making lists, I took full inventory of the things he felt were absolutely necessary to bring today (and also nerdy like that) :
- lab coat
- huge ass green calculator
- 120 ct box of latex gloves purchased at Walgreens
- 2 pairs of goggles (in case one gets spit on by a zombie?)
- clip board
- 2 chem textbooks, 1 that’s not even for the class and I know for a fact this is his only chem class
- big laminated periodic table
- 3 spiral bound notebooks
- something in a 3 in x 3 in x 1 in black box he kept fiddling with, then stuck in the pocket of his very tight jeans, then took back out again during a 10 min break… turns out it was some sort of magnetic top toy
Clearly I have been out-nerded today… I’m ok with it.